Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect....

or at least I hope so! Today I finally did it...I make cookies, frosting, and decided to try the decorating techniques that I should have learned in class a couple months ago.

Back in Utah...in November, I signed up for a fun decorating class with Laura and Connie. Well after one class where the teacher was late AND unprepared and two cancelled classes, the whole class was cancelled. Since I was moving out of state soon I never got to sign up for another one. Yes I'm still slightly ticked off about it....

Anyways, I still had all the tips, tools and instructional book so I've decided I will try to teach myself. The thing holding me back until now is that I am trying to lose weight right now and the last thing I need is cake tempting me all day while Scott (aka my diet monkey) is at work.

Well today I decided that I would make sugar cookies instead of cake or cupcakes. After making a huge mess and catching my oven mitt on fire, I think I have the star tip down! Next I think I will try more tips and maybe try on cupcakes at least :)


The mitt caught on fire because our stove is to almost to small to fit the cookie sheet in and my hand (luckily in the mitt) slipped and hit the hot coil on the bottom, causing the mitt to catch on fire and stink up the house. Ugh...

3 comments:

  1. How classic is that! Catching you oven mit on fire is so funny! I am glad you were not hurt though. Your cupcakes looked so scrumptious and pretty, good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Laura! Good job! Making cakes is a serious problem with tryig to loose weight! Cookies are a good idea, or cupcakes that ou send with your hubs to work (that was a genius idea!)

    ReplyDelete